Saint Michaels


Lil' Green Tug at Pleasure Cove Marina, Pasadena, Maryland
Saturday, September 08, 2012
Beautiful fall day, sunny, breezy, not humid, about 82 degrees here at Pleasure Cove Marina in Pasadena, Maryland. Been siphoning out the drain pan on the air-conditioner. It fills up after a night with the air on. I think there is a drain line that is disconnected or clogged.

This is the first perfect day on the boat weatherwise--sunny, not too hot. I’m just laying back, enjoying the breeze. Been lazy all morning.

It's 5 pm, and there is a severe thunder storm and downpour. I was out for supper in the car when the front blew through. I waited under the boat racks for 20 minutes for a slight pause in the rain.

Been thinking, "This boat is perfect for Vero Beach, Florida—good for tooling up and down the ICW with friends, good for crabbing, big enough to live aboard for a few winter months. Maybe I’ll plan on moving it down next spring."

At anchor, St. Michaels, Maryland
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Headed for St. Michaels today. In the lower 50’s this morning.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Arrived St.Michaels yesterday. Sunny, not too warm, with a gentle breeze. Rowed ashore this morning and walked the streets. Big Als has chicken necks for crab bait. Bought a pound  (frozen, took all night to thaw) for tomorrow morning when Bill and Linda arrive for crabbing.

I joined the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum for $70. Membership provides unlimited visits (with two guests), a dinghy dock, restrooms with showers, and daytime docking for $15. Membership is good for a year.

I think St. Michaels is the best “boater’s town” I’ve seen so far. Dinghy docks and restaurants cater to the boat crowd.

I've been having fun surreptitiously listening to the comments about "Lil' Green Tug" by people in boats motoring by: “It’s adorable.” “It’s so cut!” “I really love that boat.”

Linda, Bill's better half.
Saturday, September 15, 2012
Thursday Bill and Linda met me at St. Michaels, and we motored over to the Wye River for some crabbing. Caught 9, with 6 being large males. We steamed them up and had a mini crab feast, eating on the engine cover as there is no table.

Friday I motored back to Pleasure Cove Marina in Pasadena, Maryland. I would of stayed at St. Michaels longer, but a cold front was predicted to be passing through on Saturday along with 15-20 knot winds and a small craft advisory. Those aren't good conditions for a 21-foot open boat, and I didn't want to be stuck in St. Michaels for a week waiting for good weather. I was able to prepare the boat for winter storage. Once the boat was in indoor storage, I was temporarily homeless. I drove straight through to the Vero Beach, Florida, condo arriving the next day around 1:00 pm. Had three hours of sleep in the car and it was enough.

Under way in the middle of the Chesapeake Bay
That's the end of boating for this season. Next spring I'm hoping I'll be aboard "Lil' Green Tug" on the Indian River Lagoon on the east coast of central Florida, checking out the Blue Crabs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

North to Sebastian

Lil' Green Tug is Sold!

Back in Vero Beach for the Winter